There is so much hype about Coconut oil these days. Every Supermarket has coconut oil, extra virgin coconut oil and many different forms of it on their shelves. And why not- its jack of all trades. There is hardly anything which coconut oil cant do.
It is arguably the most nutritious of all the oils. It is 90 percent saturated fat and has antimicrobial, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. The juice, meat, and oil all have benefits that can be useful in many areas of wellness.
In India, we have been using it for ages as cooking oil, for healing injuries, for healthy and lustrous hair, makeup remover, massage oil and what not.
If you are still dubious about its effects and uses then you by the end of this list you will definitely want to try it.
- Hair oil: Mix it with Aloe Vera for the best results. Fry pieces of Aloe vera in coconut oil and then remove the fried pieces of Aloe vera from it, and use the oil weekly, your hair will be like never before, I have used it personally after my pregnancy to reduce extreme hair fall.
- Cooking: In India, coconut oil is extensively used in cooking in coastal tropical regions, where coconuts are grown in abundance. Recent research has shown that not all saturated fats are bad for your health; coconut oil is one of them 🙂
- Massage oil: We use coconut oil for baby massage and postnatal massage as it is all-natural and chemical free. It can also be used as a natural treatment for cradle cap. All you need to do is massage the oil directly onto your baby’s scalp and leave for about 20 minutes. Coconut oil has the ability to nourish and treat the irritated skin so can be used for diaper rash.
- Reduce itching and stretch marks: I started using it around 5 months pregnancy and it worked for me. No stretch marks!!! yayyy.. I was actually pretty stoked with the results I got.
- For Glowing skin: For this, you need Virgin coconut oil. Lightly warm up the oil and apply it on the face. Leave it overnight. Some sugar can be added to oil and it works as a scrub to exfoliate the skin.
Add in comments, how do you use coconut oil in daily routine.
Thanks for stopping by 🙂